The Carolina Alumni Review marks its centennial this month with a 164-page commemorative issue and the debut of the magazine’s expanded digital archive.
All 100 years of the Review, dating to October 1912, have been added to the online archive. Issues from the most recent five years are available to members of the UNC General Alumni Association, as a benefit of membership in the association; earlier issues are open to anyone. Tools are available for searching, sharing, printing and downloading articles and photos.
The Review was founded in October 1912 by Louis Round Wilson, noted as a national leader in library science and founder of UNC Press. In 1912, Wilson enlisted the help of others – notably faculty members Edward Kidder Graham and Frank Porter Graham and a student in the class of 1913, Ralph Rankin – to create the Alumni Review.
Today, the Review is published six times a year by the GAA and reaches more than 67,000 dues-paying members, more than 3,000 members of the GAA’s student membership program and nearly 4,000 faculty members and senior administrators on campus.
Published October 10, 2012.