Several road construction projects are in progress south of campus and will continue throughout the summer.
- South Columbia Street will become one-way northbound from Fordham Boulevard to Manning Drive. Southbound traffic will be detoured to Manning then Fordham Boulevard.
- East Cameron Avenue will be closed between Columbia Street and Memorial Auditorium for the installation of a new water main. Traffic will be rerouted along Franklin and Raleigh streets.
- Alternating lanes of Smith Level Road will be closed through June 2014 for widening and the installation of a roundabout.
- In June, the eastern end of Culbreth Road will be closed to extend Morgan Creek Trail. Traffic will be rerouted to the NC 54 Bypass and Smith Level Road.
The projects will also affect Chapel Hill Transit routes and schedules. The Town of Chapel Hill has set up a website with maps and detailed information about the projects.
Here are other ways to keep informed about summer road construction:
- E-mail Notifications: email@example.com
- Social Media: @chapelhillgov #CHtraffic and Facebook at www.facebook.com/chapelhillgov
- Code Red Emergency Notification: www.townofchapelhill.org/CodeRed
- Chapel Hill Transit Route Changes: www.chtransit.org
Published May 13, 2013.