This is the course home page. I will post general announcements and record changes I make to the website here. Use the dates as guidelines of what's been added since the last time you visited. Active links on the calendar indicate that lecture summaries have been posted for those dates.
May 11, 2007
May 6, 2007
- If you are using the Wilcoxon signed rank test on Problem 2, please see the comment on the additional hints page pertaining to the species COGI.
- Solutions to Assignment 10 are posted.
May 4, 2007
- An extensive hint on how to get started on Problem 2 has been added to the final exam.
- Solutions to Assignment 8 are posted.
May 3, 2007
- Oodles of hints to the final exam have been posted.
May 1, 2007
- Notes for lab session lecture 42 (April 27) are posted.
April 29, 2007
- The final exam is posted and is due Monday, May 7. I will add hints as I work through the exam carefully myself and begin to field questions from the peanut gallery. So check back!
- Notes for lecture 40 (April 23) and lecture 41 (April 25) are posted.
April 21, 2007
- Notes for abortive lab session lecture 39 (April 20) are posted.
- Assignment 11 is posted and is due Friday, April 27.
April 20, 2007
- The WinBUGS key can be found here. This is a text file. Follow the instructions at the top of the key to install it.
- If you're in a bind with your own computer, I've loaded R 2.4 (with arm package) and WinBUGS (with key installed) on the public computer in Rm 213 Miller Hall. I've tested things and everything appears to run fine on this computer. Instructions for logging on are taped to the desk next to the computer.
April 19, 2007
- At this point it looks as if WinBUGS will not be installed on the computers in 322 Saunders in time for tomorrow's class. So that we can salvage something from our session, install WinBUGS on your own laptop and bring your laptop along to tomorrow's class.
- Notes for lecture 37 (April 16) and lecture 38 (April 18) are posted.
- WinBUGS can be downloaded from http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/bugs/winbugs/contents.shtml
April 14, 2007
- Assignment 10 is posted and is due Friday, April 20.
- Notes for the lab session lecture 36 (April 13) are posted.
April 12, 2007
- Hint on Assignment 9. I don't think it's been explicitly stated at any time in this course but the F-test in ANOVA models is always a one-sided upper-tailed test, so your randomization test should reflect this fact.
- Notes for lecture 35 (April 11) are posted.
April 9, 2007
- Notes for lecture 34 (April 9) are posted.
- In Assignment 9, Question 1, don't overlook hint #3! There is an offset in Manly's model that you need to include in the predictive simulation.
April 3, 2007