Child and Family Research Institute
The University of Texas at Austin
Phone: (512) 232-7065
- MSPH, Environmental Sciences and Engineering.
Research Advisor: Dr.
Marc Serre (2013)
- MCRP, City and Regional Planning. Land Use and
Environmental Planning Specialization.(2013)
- BARCH, Architecture and Urban Studies, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. 2008.
public health, and community issues related to child wellbeing
- Program evaluation, data
analysis, and reporting
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS), land use regression
modeling, and spatial epidemiology
health impacts of urban development
sanitation and hygiene (WaSH) in low- and middle-income countries
- Natural disaster and hazard
mitigation, environmental and public health aspects
Research & Professional Activities
- Research Coordinator, Child and
Family Research Institute, University of Texas at Austin. Nov 2014 –
- Planner II, City of San Jose, San
Jose, CA. Apr 2014 – Sep 2014.
- WaSH in Schools Researcher, UNICEF Nicaragua, Jun 2013 –
Dec 2013. [Paper: http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/12/6/6197]
- Environmental Monitoring Data Analyst Intern, RTI International, RTP, NC, Jun 2012 – Aug
- Analyst, Strategic Analysis and Reporting, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health,
Chapel Hill, NC, Aug 2011 – Apr 2012.
- Research Assistant, Understanding Rural Vulnerability to
Natural Hazards Project, UNC Institute
for the Environment and NC Institute
for Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC, Dec 2010 – Aug 2011.
- Research and Policy Intern, Data Analysis of Renter Survey
on Affordability and Healthy Housing Issues, DataCenter, Oakland, CA, Jun 2011 –
Aug 2011. [Report: http://www.datacenter.org/wp-content/uploads/PowerUReport.pdf]
- AmeriCorps VISTA in Food Resource Development, Capital Area Food Bank of Texas,
Austin, TX, Nov 2008 – Oct 2009.
- Rogers-Eubanks Road Community Project, Trash Assessment
and Mapping, Daniel A. Okun
Chapter of Engineers without Borders, Chapel Hill, NC, Sep 2010 – May
- Hurricane Katrina Structural Damage Survey, Service-Learning
Trip, Cornell University, New
Orleans, LA, Oct 2006.
- International Service in Housing and Community
Development, Bridges to
Community, Nicaragua, two-week trips in 2004, 2005, 2006.