The HHMI-Future Teacher program was supported in part by a grant to UNC-Chapel Hill from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute through the Precollege and Undergraduate Science Education Program.
The UNC Baccalaureate Education in Science and Teaching (UNC-BEST) Program is a collaboration between the School of Education and the College of Arts and Sciences. The Program allows science and mathematics majors to earn their high school science teaching license and their science degree in four years.
I would like to thank everyone in the Burmeister and Pfennig labs; Jennifer Coble, who directed the internship; and the wonderful technology and pedagogy mentors: Sarah Dooley, Amanda Foster, and Miranda Thomas for all of their help and support.
- Wilczynski, W., Lynch, K.S., Female sexual arousal in amphibians, Horm. Behav. (2010), doi:10.1016/jyhbeh.2010.08.015
- Boswell, T., Dunn, I.C., Wilson, P.W., Joseph N., Burt, D.W., Sharp, P.J., Identification of a non-mammalian leptin-like gene: Characterization and expression in the tiger salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum), General and Comparative Endocrinology. 146 (2006), doi:10.1016/j.ygcen.2005.08.001
- Crespi, E.J., Denver, R.J., Leptin (ob gene) of the South African clawed frog Xenopus laevis, PNAS. (2006), doi:10.1073/pnas.0507519103
- Pfennig, K.S., Facultative mate choice drives adaptive hybridization, Science. 318 (2007), doi:10.1126/science.1146035
- Moschos, S., Chan, J.L., Mantzoros, C.S., Leptin and reproduction: a review, PubMed. (2002), PMID: 11872190