The HHMI-Future Teacher program was supported in part by a grant to UNC-Chapel Hill from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute through the Precollege and Undergraduate Science Education Program.
The UNC Baccalaureate Education in Science and Teaching (UNC-BEST) Program is a collaboration between the School of Education and the College of Arts and Sciences. The Program allows science and mathematics majors to earn their high school science teaching license and their science degree in four years.
I also thank the Mitchell Lab, Especially James Cronin, Marty Dekkers, Miranda Welsh and Charles Mitchell, for welcoming me into your lab, teaching me so much and being very supportive.
Finally, thank you Amanda Foster and Sarah Dooley for teaching me HTML , CSS and Flash, and for your countless hours of technical support and troubleshooting.
- Downie, A. 2000, April 19. Atlantic Forest in More Peril than the Amazon. Christian Science Monitor. accessed 2011, June 12. http://www.csmonitor.com/2000/0419/p7s1.html
- Jonsson, P. 2011, Januray 01. Bye Bye Blackbird. Christian Science Monitor accessed 2011, June 14. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2011/0120/Bye-Bye-Blackbird-USDA-acknowledges-a-hand-in-one-mass-bird-death
- Ostfeldt, R.S. Keesing,F. LoGiudice, K. Community Ecology meets Epidemiology; The Case of Lyme Disease. Chapter 3 in EDITOR(S) eds. Disease Ecology. LOCATION: PUBLISHER.
- Richardson, C. 2011, March 3. Eastern Cougar Declared Extinct by US Government. Christian Science Monitor. accessed 2011, June 12. http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Wildlife/2011/0303/Eastern-cougar-declared-extinct-by-US-government
- Rudolpf, J.C. 2011, June 4. Under the Sea; Coral Reefs in Peril. The New York Times accesed 2011, June 14. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/weekinreview/05reefs.html?_r=1&ref=earth
- Zimmer,C. 2011 April 5. Multitude fo Species face Climate Threat. The New York Times. accessed 2011, June 10. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/05/science/earth/05climate.html?ref=endangeredandextinctspecies.
This site was created by Emilie Romero, as part of the the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Future Teacher internship
Thank you Charles Mitchell, James Cronin and Miranda Welsh for sharing your photographs from thr lab and the field.
Thank you Wikipedia Creative Commons users: Katie Prarie Conservency, Malene Thyssen and Matiasmehdi for providing copywright free images.