Quick Website Quiz
Test what you learned on this website and make sure you were paying attention!
1. What event occurs during S phase of the cell cycle?
For a hint, check out the What is Cancer? page!
2. What is the correct order of Mitosis?
There's an acronym for the order of Mitosis listed on the What is Cancer? page. Can you find it?
3. If you change the amino acid sequence of a protein, what is affected?
Check out the cool images on the Studying Protein Function page to help you answer this question.
4. In the process of Molecular Cloning, a vector and target insert gene bond together to form what structure?
Try the Test Yourself drag-and-drop to find the answer!
5. The groups of histone "balls" wrapped in DNA may also be referred to as___________.
This is the technical term, referred to on the Histones page.
6. According to our "Mob Boss" analogy, when the instructions to make histones are not degraded (shredded), what does NOT occur in the cell?
For the answer, check out the Research of Histones Dr. Marzluff is doing!
7. Dr. Marzluff and his lab at UNC-Chapel Hill study how histone research can be applied to_______________.
What disease involves an over-active cell cycle and affects 27% of Americans?
8. The image of nucleosomes (groups of histones) strung along a strand of DNA is often referred to as the ____________________ model.
Look back at some of the image captions on pages involving histones!
9. Cell membranes, composed of a _______________ _______________, are very specific about what they allow to enter into the cell.
This membrane was referred to as the "security guard" of the cell.
10. All of the following are results of scientific research collaboration EXCEPT:
Though scientists do enjoy the occasional cupcake, taste-testing is not usually considered "scientific research"!