This website was created by UNC Senior, Michelle Thompson, as part of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Future Teachers Internship. The website is intended for use by biology students and teachers to inspire students to become engaged in science and to supplement their classroom knowledge.
I would like to thank the following people for the wonderful guidance and knowledge they provided me with this summer:
- The HHMI-Future Teacher program was supported in part by a grant to UNC-Chapel Hill from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute through the Precollege and Undergraduate Science Education Program.
- Dr. Jennifer Coble(UNC-BEST) for all her help and guidence throughout the entire program.
- The UNC Baccalaureate Education in Science and Teaching (UNC-BEST) Program is a collaboration between the School of Education and the College of Arts and Sciences. The Program allows science and mathematics majors to earn their high school science teaching license and their science degree in four years.
- Dr. Kim Monahan, for being patient with me as I learned the ins and outs of the lab, for letting me use her materials for my own experiment, and for providing wonderful advice for my module
- Sarah Arnold, for providing us all with superb technical knowledge and guiding us as we built our websites
- The Der Lab for allowing me to get involved with current research endeavors Der Lab
Thank you free encyclopedia and wikipedia for your free images Worm video
Also thank you to the Der Lab and Dr. Monahan for allowing me to take pictures in the lab and use them on my website.