2. A gene is...
A. the instructions for proteins found in the DNA
B. the copy of the DNA that can leave the nucleus
C. an organelle that is floating around in the cytoplasm
3. What molecule is a copy of the directions found in the DNA?
4. Why do scientists study proteins?
A. to understand their role in the cell which can help us solve problems in medicine
B. to win the Nobel Prize and become famous
C. to find out if chicken and the protein we eat is healthy for us
5. RNA Interference affects which part of protein synthesis?
A. Copying the gene into messenger RNA
B. The ribosome being able to read the mRNA
C. The ribosome's ability to bring in amino acids
D. The mRNA's ability to leave the nucleus
6. Why do you need a control in an experiment?
A. to make more work for your self
B. to get better results and make sure you didn't make a mistake
C. to compare to the experimental group to see if what you changed actually made a difference
D. a control is not needed in an experiment only the experimental group
7. What would happen if you take away a protein that inhibits cell growth?
A. the cell would grow a lot
B. there would be no cell growth
C. nothing would change