Enrollment and Participation
Eligibility and Enrollment
You are eligible for the program if you can answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you 25-75 years old?
- Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of Stage I, II, or III invasive breast cancer?
- Have you completed all planned surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy within the past six months?
- Patients receiving adjuvant hormonal therapy or adjuvant trastuzumab are eligible.
- Participants currently enrolled in Can-Thrive Couples Therapy Study are not eligible.
Follow these three easy steps to join us!
- Contact the program coordinator to determine your eligibility.
- Obtain written clearance for participation from your oncologist.
- Schedule a visit to the program facility and meet with the program co-directors.
While we do not anticipate that individuals will experience any psychological or physiological harm from participation in the Get REAL & HEEL program, some risks do exist. Participants may experience some muscle soreness or joint trauma during the program. In addition, individuals may experience some emotional discomfort during the recreation therapy. The staff of Get REAL & HEEL take every precaution possible to avoid such discomfort and in the unlikely event of injury or harm we will do our best to rectify the situation.