What We Do
To build and sustain an inclusive campus community that values and respects all members of the University community.
Our mission is to provide university-wide leadership in developing and implementing initiatives that promote access to and diversity within our student, faculty and staff communities. We provide leadership, consultation and project management of policies, programs and services that promote diversity as a means of achieving educational excellence and enhancing the quality of life for all members of the University community.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill understands that diversity is a critical element of Carolina’s pursuit of academic excellence, and has a strong commitment to creating a diverse, inclusive community.
What We Do
- Leadership for university-wide diversity plan
- Policy review and monitoring of institutional diversity
- Diversity education, training and consultation
- Assessment and research of diversity issues
- Recruitment and retention of students from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Multicultural programming and leadership
- Diversity resource development
- Report of the Chancellor's Task Force on Diversity ( April 28, 2005)
- Report of the Chancellor’s Minority Affairs Review Committee (March 9, 2000)