Increase font size
Decrease font size
Submitting a Course in CRAS
The Course Request Approval System (CRAS) is used to submit, approve, and process course requests electronically in ConnectCarolina. Departments/units will use CRAS to add new courses, revise existing courses, and inactivate courses that are no longer offered. For more information, including training materials, please see the Office of the University Registrar's website.
A few important Tips and reminders
- All undergraduate courses requesting a General Education requirement are routed to the Office of Undergraduate Curricula for approval by the Curriculum Committee. Decisions are reported on the Administrative Boards' minutes.
- All undergraduate courses in the College of Arts and Sciences are routed to the Office of Undergraduate Curricula for review and approval by the Curriculum Committee. Decisions are reported on the Administrative Boards' minutes.
- Courses that are revised or inactivated must have a fall effective date (not spring).
- All course requests must be submitted by October 15 to be approved in time to appear in the next Undergraduate Bulletin.
- Courses must meet for a minimum of 750 minutes per semester for each hour of credit earned. (Example: a 3 credit-hour course includes 42 class periods of 50 minutes each on MWF and 29 class periods of 75 minutes each on TTH. Final examinations, required in all undergraduate courses, provide an additional 180 minutes of instruction. MWF classes provide a total of 2,280 instructional minutes; TTH classes, a total of 2,355 instructional minutes.) This ratio should be observed for organized instruction, which excludes laboratory, independent study, special topics, and thesis research courses.