Transcript, Faculty Council Meeting, April 26, 1996
MEETING OF THE GENERAL FACULTY AND FACULTY COUNCIL
Friday, April 26, 1996
Assembly Room, Wilson Library
[A complete transcript of the proceedings is available in the faculty section of the campus World Wide Web service.]
Faculty Council Attendance: Present 58; Excused Absences 26; Unexcused Absences 7.
The meeting adjourned at 4:50 p.m.
- I. Memorial Resolutions:
- Chancellor Hooker.
- III. Chair of the Faculty Jane D. Brown.
- IV. Request for faculty input and involvement in initiatives for housekeepers: Barbara DeLon, Director of Housekeeping Services; Laurie Charest, Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources.
- V. Amendments to the Instrument of Student Judicial Governance: Robert G. Byrd, Chair, Committee on Student Conduct.
- VI. Report and Resolution of Faculty Initiative on Teaching Committee: Thomas A. Bowers; Sue E. Estroff.
- VII. Annual Reports of Standing Committees:
- VIII. Special Report of the Committee on University Government: Amendment to The Faculty Code of University Government to allow Fixed-Term Faculty to serve on and vote for certain standing committees. Joseph S. Ferrell, Chair. [first reading and vote]
- IX. Election Results for Chair of the Division of the Natural Sciences, Faculty Council and Administrative Board of the Library, and Standing Elective Committees (including Faculty Assembly Delegation and Executive
Committee of the Faculty Council). George S. Lensing,
Secretary of the Faculty. [attached]
- X. Nomination and Election of Secretary of the Faculty: Bernadette Gray-Little, Vice Chair, Advisory Committee.
- XI. Old or New Business.
George S. Lensing
attachment: election results Secretary of the Faculty
To UNC-CH Home Page
1996 Jul 10