|Name||Constituency & Department||Term Expires|
|Stephen Birdsall, Chair||Geography||2006|
|Joseph Ferrell||Secretary of the Faculty||ex officio|
|Susan T. Lord||School of Medicine||2008|
|Eugene P. Orringer||School of Medicine||2008|
|Susan R. Wolf||Philosophy||2007|
§ 4-11. Honorary Degrees and Special Awards Committee
(a) The Honorary Degrees and Special Awards Committee consists of six members elected by the voting faculty. The secretary of the faculty is a member of the committee ex officio.
(b) The committee considers nominations from the faculty for
(1) Honorary Degrees, awarded at Commencement each May;
(2) Distinguished Alumnus and Alumna Awards, presented each University Day, 12 October;
(3) the Thomas Jefferson Award;
(4) the O. Max Gardner Award; and
(5) other awards referred to the committee by the chancellor or the chair of the faculty.
Nominees for Honorary Degrees and Distinguished Alumnus and Alumna Awards are recommended for approval to the Faculty Council and the Board of Trustees. The chancellor presents the nominee for the Gardner Award to the Board of Governors.