Make a Donation!
Scholarship Application & Renewal Application
||UNC Family Fund Scholarship & Scholarship Renewals|
Applications are due June 1st, 2013
The UNC Family Scholarship was established in 2004 to provide scholarship support to the children of employees of UNC-Chapel Hill. The scholarship, which is need-based,
may be used for study at any accredited North Carolina post-secondary public institution. This includes any of the 16 institutions in the UNC system, as well as local community and technical colleges.
Who qualifies for this scholarship?
- Children of UNC-Chapel Hill employees who work more than 30 hours per week. Children are defined as being
dependent for income tax purposes and must be domiciled with the UNC employee.
- Applicants to any accredited North Carolina post-secondary public institutions.
Preference is given to incoming freshmen/first-year students.
- Scholarship is contingent upon acceptance and subsequent full time enrollment at one of these
- Individuals who evidence financial need. Applicants must file the necessary financial aid forms with the institution they wish to attend and notify
the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid at UNC-Chapel Hill with the contact information for that institution’s financial aid office, as well as provide a detailed summary of
the financial aid package offered by that institution.
First time scholarship – How do I apply?
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee consisting of UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and staff.
- The number and amount of awards will vary according to fund availability, and recipients must contact the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid at UNC-Chapel Hill to verify their enrollment and financial aid eligibility at the institution they will be attending.
- Recipients are eligible to receive the UNC Family Scholarship for eight semesters (not during summers, however) of full-time enrollment at the NC public institution of their selection, provided that they remain academically eligible. The award is contingent on the parent-UNC employee remaining employed full time (at least 30 hours) at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Application (.doc) --
- Please mail the UNC Family Scholarship application to:
Dr. Dan F. Thornton
Office of Scholarships and Student Aid
300 Pettigrew Hall,CB# 2300
PO Box 1080
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Applications must be received by June 1st; incomplete applications will not be
For more information, please contact Dr. Thornton at (919) 962-4168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.