Accounting Services Section (ACT)
Effective Date: 01/23/2004
Last Modified Date: 01/30/2004
Accounting Services maintains the University's official accounting records; and administratively directs State funds, endowment funds, special funds, institution funds, and payroll. Specific functions include the following:
- Preparing, maintaining, and controlling the University's Chart of Accounts
- Verifying compliance with fund authorities for personnel and non-personnel transactions for endowment funds, special funds, and institutional trust funds
- Distributing monthly budget and expenditure reports to the various schools and departments of the University
- Preparing and interpreting internal and external financial reports concerning the University
- Reconciling and cash management for main University bank accounts
- Overseeing imprest bank accounts and petty cash
- Investment accounting-includes managing the Unit Accounting System and Money Market Distribution Systems
- Overseeing University compliance with the State's Accounts Receivable Plan
NOTE: The policies and procedures for Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Travel Services are covered in separate sections of the Business Manual.
As part of the University's business organization, Accounting Services reports to the Controller.
The offices of Accounting Services are located at 104 Airport Drive.
You are invited to contact Accounting Services at 962-0036 if your specific question is not answered in this section.
Return to Accounting Services Section Contents
Return to Business Manual Table of Contents