Accounting Services Section (ACT)
Effective Date: 05/27/2005
Last Modified Date: 05/27/2005
On-line access to the Financial Records System (FRS) enables campus departmental personnel to view transaction activity for their accounts. It also allows on-line updates for department accounts to be entered for certain types of transactions.
The following types of transactions may be viewed online:
- Account balances
- Open commitments
- Budget activity
- Monthly account transactions
- Purchase order activity
- On-line check requests
- On-line payments to independent contractors
The following types of transactions may be entered online:
- Budget transfers within an account (some restrictions apply)
- Requisitions entered directly to the Purchasing System
- Receiving information entered directly to the Disbursement Services System
- Check requests
- Payments to independent contractors
To gain access to FRS, see instructions and links at ACT Procedure 4, FRS On-Line Access. The form itself itself is found in ACT Appendix 14.
A copy of the FRS On-Line Reference Manual is available at http://www.unc.edu/finance/fd/ct/traindocs/frs_on_line.pdf. To read it, you'll need to have installed Acrobat Reader, available free from Adobe.
Return to Accounting Services Section Contents
Return to Business Manual Table of Contents