Material & Disbursement Services (MSD)
Effective Date: 07/01/1996
Last Modified Date: 02/04/2004
Ethyl alcohol is requisitioned from the Scientific Storeroom with a Storeroom Requisition (Form P-108). The release of ethyl alcohol also requires an Alcohol Requisition (Form 1228). Send or take the forms to the Scientific Storeroom to obtain ethyl alcohol.
Prepare a Storeroom Requisition (Form P-108)
- Follow the instructions printed on the back of the Storeroom Requisition.
- Be sure to mark the box by "Scientific Storeroom."
- Show both the quantity and the units (e.g., gallons or pints) being ordered.
- Issue unit, store stock number, and unit cost can all be found in the storeroom catalogue.
- The authorized purchaser must sign the requisition.
Prepare an Alcohol Requisition (Form 1228)
- Fill out the Alcohol Requisition in quadruplicate.
- Specify the quantity of each of the following: gallons absolute alcohol, gallons 95% alcohol, and pints absolute alcohol.
- The Principal Investigator or other authorized purchaser must sign the requisition.
Send the Requisitions to the Scientific Storeroom
- Keep the white copy of the Storeroom Requisition for department files. Make a copy of the Alcohol Requisition if needed.
- Send the rest of the Storeroom Requisition and the four copies of the Alcohol Requisition to the Scientific Storeroom.
- The Storeroom Requisition may be mailed to the Scientific Storeroom, or carried by messenger directly to the Scientific Storeroom, and the alcohol obtained across the counter.
- Pick up the alcohol at the Scientific Storeroom or arrange for an authorized person to receive delivery from the Scientific Storeroom.
- Sign for the alcohol on both requisitions--in block (20) of the Storeroom Requisition and in the "Recipient" blank of the Alcohol Requisition.
- Keep one copy of each Requisition for department files.
MSD Policy 45, Ethyl Alcohol Regulations
MSD Procedure 5, Purchases from University Facilities
MSD Appendix 3, Storeroom Requisition, Form P-108 (Description Only)
MSD Appendix 5, Alcohol Requisition--Instructions and Form 1228
Return to Material & Disbursement Services Section Contents
Return to Business Manual Table of Contents