Material & Disbursement Services (MSD)
Effective Date: 01/31/1996
Last Modified Date: 02/06/2004
Upholstery service is obtained by submitting a Purchase Requisition, with no vendor indicated, to Purchasing Services.
- Submit a Purchase Requisition to Purchasing Services. Include the following information:
Leave blank the name of the vendor.
- Date by which upholstering is needed.
- Location of item(s) to be upholstered.
- Description of item(s) to be upholstered. Provide as much information as possible. Facilities Planning and the upholsterer will be able to help finish this block with details such as type of covering material after you submit the Purchase Requisition.
- Purchasing requests an estimate from Facilities Planning.
- Facilities Planning contacts the requesting department to arrange a time to assist with the selection of the upholstery fabric.
- Facilities Planning processes the estimate and notifies the requesting department of the cost.
- If the department approves the estimate, Facilities Planning returns the Requisition to Purchasing.
- Purchasing generates a Purchase Order to the vendor.
- The vendor contacts the department directly to schedule pick-up of items to be repaired or reupholstered.
Return to Material & Disbursement Services Section Contents
Return to Business Manual Table of Contents