Material & Disbursement Services (MSD)
Effective Date: 03/01/1998
Last Modified Date: 11/21/2003
Purchases of goods and services from commercial vendors may be requested using electronic entry of Purchase Requisitions. The requesting department enters all information directly into the automated purchasing system. Purchasing Services completes the appropriate bid process and issues a Purchase Order, along with a Receiving Report if the items are to be delivered directly to the department.
- Follow the instructions in the FRS On-Line Requisitioning User Manual, which can be obtained only by attending a training session in Purchasing. Call 962-2255 to schedule training.
- Requisitions must be electronically approved by campus departments before a PO can be issued.
- Departments may inquire on-line as to the status of the requisition. Purchasing will send a copy of the completed PO to the department.
- If the item(s) ordered will be delivered from the vendor directly to the department, Purchasing will also send a Receiving Report to the department.
- When goods are received from the vendor, complete the Receiving Report and send it to Disbursement Services.
- Disbursement Services will arrange payment to the vendor.
MSD Policy 15, Purchases from Commercial Vendors
MSD Procedure 7, Receiving Purchased Items
APY Procedure 2, Receiving Reports
Return to Material & Disbursement Services Section Contents
Return to Business Manual Table of Contents