Preparing solution for stage 2 columns (LN Spec resin with “cap” of anion resin to hold LN Spec in place):
- Take solution from stage 1 (0.05 HNO3) and evaporate to dry.
- When cool, add 100 μL 6M HCl let sit overnight.
- Ultrasonic with cap on for a few minutes to get into suspension. If spot remains suck up fluid and blow over spot (do not scrape). Clean pipet for each sample
- Evaporate slowly to dryness and let cool.
- Add 20 uL 0.50 M HCl, and let sit overnight.
- Check for dissolution. If spot remains, ultrasonic and blow fluid over spot until gone (do not scrape).
- Add 35 uL MQ water to make ~0.18M HCl, which is what goes on the stage 2 columns
Print and continue on LN Spec data sheet.