Here are some simple tips from Group
make your collaborations more effective:
- Diversity works. Increase the variety of
people, and you increase the pool of potential ideas.
- Don’t worry about who gets credit.
When everyone genuinely collaborates, everyone ends up being more
- Build on past ideas, whether or not
they’re yours. Stay on top of what everyone else is doing,
and be open to inspiration from other people’s ideas.
- Clarity is not a virtue. If everything you
say is detailed and explicit, you won’t give your
collaborators room to run. Put ideas out there that are half-baked,
ideas where you’re not even sure what it means yet.
- Create a large network of colleagues, and
stay in touch constantly.
Put yourself at the center of a creativity web.
- Put yourself in an environment that rewards
failure. Creativity is risky; successful creative people are also
the ones who fail the most often.
- Creativity is inefficient. Don’t
expect every idea and every project to pan out. Know when to cut
your losses and move
© 2007-2016 Keith Sawyer |