M.A. Yale 1965
Ph.D. Harvard 1971 (Adviser : David Mumford)
Math 676 (Graduate Algebra) Tu-Th 9:30-10:45; Math 533 (Number Theory) Tu-Th 11-12:15.
Algebraic geometry; topology and geometry of surface singularities; algebraic curves and surfaces.
The DMJ office is located in Phillips 368, and is staffed by the DMJ Assistant, Marisa Meredith. The phone number there is 919-962-8159, and the fax is 919-962-8160. The e-mail address of the Journal is firstname.lastname@example.org. Important information is found on the Journal homepage, at
1. The number of equisingular moduli of a rational surface singularity, arXiv.org/abs/1603.07935 here
2. Milnor and Tjurina numbers for smoothings of surface singularities, Alg. Geom. 2 (3) (2015), 315-331 here
3. Log-terminal smoothing of graded normal surface singularities, Michigan Math. J. 62 (2013), 475-489 here
4. On rational homology disk smoothings of valency 4 surface singularities, Geom. Topol.15 (2011), 1125-1156 here
5. The End Curve Theorem for normal complex surface singularities (with Walter Neumann), J. Eur. Math. Soc. 12 (2010), 471-503 here .
6. Rational blow-downs and smoothings of surface singularities (with A. Stipsicz and Z. Szabo), Journal of Topology 1 (2008), 477-517 here.
7. Topology, geometry, and equations of normal surface singularities, in Singularities and Computer Algebra, LMS Lecture Note Series (No. 324), Camb. Univ. Press (2006) here.
8. Complete intersection singularities of splice type as universal abelian covers (with Walter Neumann), Geom. Topol. 9 (2005), 699-755 here .
9. Complex surface singularities with integral homology sphere links (with Walter Neumann), Geom. Topol. 9 (2005), 757-811 here .
10. Universal abelian covers of surface singularities (with Walter Neumann), Trends on Singularities, A. Libgober and M. Tibar, eds. (Birkhauser Verlag, 2002), 181-190 here .
11. Universal abelian covers of quotient-cusps (with Walter Neumann), Math. Ann. 326 (2003), 75-93 here .
12. Hyperplane sections of Calabi-Yau varieties, J. Reine Angew. Math. 544 (2002), 39-59 here .
13. On cohomology of the square of an ideal sheaf, J. of Alg. Geom. 8 (1997), 481-512 here .
14. Miyaoka-Yau inequality for normal surfaces and local analogues, Contemp. Math. 162 (1994), 381-402.
is a Complete publication list.
For comments/suggestions about this page, email@example.com
Last modified: 3 February 2016