NC OPT-ED Programs
The NC-LSAMP program is aimed at increasing the quantity of students successfully completing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) baccalaureate degree programs, as well as increasing the amount of student-interest, the level of academic qualification, and the number of matriculations into programs of graduate study. NC-LSAMP supports sustained and comprehensive approaches that facilitate the long-term goal of increasing the number of students who earn doctorates in STEM fields, particularly those from underrepresented minorities (URM) in STEM fields. The program goals are accomplished through the formation of alliances.
Phase I awards place emphasis on aggregate baccalaureate production.
Phase II awards augment the Phase I emphasis with attention to individual student retention and progression to baccalaureate degrees.
Phase III awards augment the Phase I and Phase II with attention to aggregate student progression to graduate school entry.
The following institutions are aligned with the NC-LSAMP Program:
- Fayetteville State University (FSU)
- North Carolina Central University (NCCU)
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NC A&T)
- North Carolina State University (NCSU)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNC-Charlotte)
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNC-Pembroke)
- Winston-Salem State University (WSSU)