The purpose of this research study is to learn about how emotions alter bodily systems in ways that facilitate positive behavior change.
We are looking for people who are:
- between 35 and 64 years old
- fluent in written and spoken English
- interested in learning about meditation
- not engaged, nor have been, in regular meditation practice
- have not previously participated in a meditation research study
- not allergic to adhesive materials (including Latex)
- One 90-minute laboratory visit
- Three weekly 5-minute web-based surveys (Weeks 1, 2, and 3)
- One 40-minute lab follow-up visit (Week 4)
How much will I earn?
We will pay up to $120 for completing the study. You will receive $45.00 for completing the initial 90-minute lab session, $5.00 for each of the 5-minute web-based surveys ($15.00 for completing all three), $30.00 for completing the 45-minute Week 4 laboratory session, and a $30.00 bonus if everything is completed.
In addition, you will receive a custom-designed canvas tote bag, an MP3 player with guided meditations, and a custom-designed meditation journal.
All lab sessions are held in our off-campus laboratory located at 1829 East Franklin Street, Building 600, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
A map and directions are located HERE
When are the lab sessions?
Lab visits will usually be scheduled Monday through Friday at the following times:
|8:00 am - 9:30 am||10:00 am - 11:30 pm||12:00 pm - 1:30 pm|
|2:00 pm - 3:30 pm||4:00 pm - 5:30 pm||6:00 pm - 7:30 pm|
Please register online by clicking HERE. We will get in touch with you shortly to arrange a lab visit.
Please call Julia Schnyer at 919-942-4988.