We are pleased to announce new Sakai demonstrations and hands-on webinars scheduled for March. Seats fill up fast so check your calendar and register. Sessions are open to all interested UNC faculty, staff, and students.
Sakai: 5 Big Ideas webinar
Friday, March 5
9 - 10 am
This introductory session is intended to provide a broad overview of Sakai at UNC Chapel Hill. Learn about the varied ways Sakai can be used and become familiar with the tools available. After you learn about the “5 Big Ideas” central to Sakai, you may request your own site. Bring your questions as there will be time for discussion afterward.
Lunch & Learn: Try the Sakai Wiki!
Wednesday, March 10
11:30 am - 12:15 pm
See how easy it is to use the Sakai wiki. Better yet, try it out for yourself. Join this hands-on webinar from the comfort of your home or office to learn more.
Sakai & Group Projects: A Demonstration
Thursday, March 25
Would you like to know how you can use Sakai to help your group work and collaborate more effectively? Project sites @ UNC are growing in numbers daily. See for yourself how easy they are to set up and use. Afterward, if you like, you can request a site for your own group.
A few disclaimers:
- Prior to the session, you will receive the URL & instructions
- If you want to hear and speak, you’ll need one of the following:
- computer with speakers and a microphone OR
- a headset with a noise-canceling microphone
- Some are brand new Sakai webinars — so let’s agree to collectively embrace any technical difficulties that emerge and aim to grow from the learning experience.
Hope to see you there!