Help with Your Tax Return
CSLS Inc. DOES NOT provide help preparing tax returns. Below is information on how to get some help.
FREE VITA TAX ASSISTANCE
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a free tax service for low to middle-income clients (special assistance for the homebound elderly or disabled). No age restrictions. Complex/lengthy tax situations may be referred to IRS. Volunteers prepare computerized federal 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, state taxes and related forms (free electronic filing).
To schedule an appointment, call one of the following sites:
- Seymour Center in Chapel Hill (919) 968-2070
- Central Orange Senior Center in Hillsborough (919) 245-2015
- Carrboro Town Hall (919) 968-2070
- Council on Aging (919) 542-4512
- Appointments for Spanish Speakers (919) 742-1448