RFA Goals, 2010-11
At its August 17 meeting the Executive Committee under President Charles Milone established the following goals for the 2010-11 academic year:
- Build on the progress made with the University in the past year.
- The two Faculty Council delegates, Charles Milone and Doris Betts, participate in monthly Council meetings.
- Reduce mailing expense by utilizing email for all members who have email and by bulk mailing under the University permit.
- Monitor the One Card system recently improved by the University to make sure it is serving UNC retirees well.
- Continue to seek new ways of relating to the University for our mutual benefit.
- Work under Bobbie Lubker’s direction to ensure that this year’s preparation for the AROHE Conference scheduled here in 2012 is adequate for the needs.
- Search for information useful to members and provide that information on such issues as health, daily living, and individual members’ ideas and accomplishments, primarily through the Newsletter.
- Refine the RFA portion of the University Website and keep it current to make it more accessible and interesting to members.
- Seek ideas from any member willing to share it that will improve the workings and atmospherics of UNC RFA.
- Make an all out effort to control expenditures and increase revenue to stabilize our financial balance and decrease our annual deficits.
These goals were to be discussed for implementation at the RFA's September 2010 quarterly meeting.