Underling provides undergraduates with a forum to discuss, learn about, and work with linguistics, by:
· exposing undergraduates to professional and graduate opportunities in linguistics
· encouraging students to present their research
Officers for 2009-2010
President: Lanier Thompson
· Praat is a program for speech analysis and synthesis written by Paul Boersma och David Weenink at the Department of Phonetics of the University of Amsterdam.
· The Interactive Sagittal Section, a phonetics generator, which is very cool. Check this out!
· The Linguist List a first-rate portal with information about the field and profession of linguistics
· The Linguistic Society of America Video Archive, a collection of brief video presentations about language, intended for the general public and accessible to everyone on the web.
· The Germanic Lexicon Project
· creating a forum between students and professors in the UNC Department of Linguistics