- Bush, M. (1996, Spring). New England book women: Their increasing influence.
Library Trends, 44 (4), 719-735.
- Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame. Caroline Marie Hewins. Retrieved May 6, 2002, from
- Gambee, B. L. (1978). Hewins, Caroline Maria. In B. S. Wynar (Ed.),
Dictionary of American library biography (pp. 240-243). Littleton, CO:
- Lundin, A. (1995). A delicate balance: Collection development and women's
history. Collection Building, 14 (2), 42-46.
- 100 of the most important leaders we had in the 20th century. (1999, December).
American Libraries, 30 (11), 38-48.
- Vandergrift, K.E. (1996, Spring). Female advocacy and harmonious voices:
A history of public library services and publishing for children in the United
States. Library Trends, 44 (4), 683-718.