- Received Childhood Education Association annual award, 1945
- The Moved-Outers was designated a Newbery Honor Book, 1945
- Received Nancy Bloch Annual Award, 1957
- Rafael and Consuelo, with Harriet Fullen, Friendship, 1929
- A Candle in the Mist, Houghton, 1931
- Shuttered Windows, Houghton, 1938
- Peter of the Mesa, Friendship, 1944
- The Moved-Outers, Houghton, 1945 - Newbery Honor Book &
Childhood Education Association Annual Award Book
- Knock at the Door, Emmy, with Carl Means, Houghton, 1956 - Nancy Bloch Award Book
- Reach for a Star, with Carl Means, Houghton, 1957
- Commire, A. (Ed.). (1971). Means, Florence Crannell.
In Something about the author (Vol. 1, pp. 154-155).
Detroit, MI: Gale Research Company. (Photo)
- Commire, A. (Ed.). (1981b). Means, Florence Crannell.
In Something about the author (Vol. 25, p. 181).
Detroit, MI: Gale Research Company.
- Vandergrift, K.E. (1993, Winter). A feminist perspective
on multicultural children's literature in the middle years of
the twentieth century. Library Trends, 41 (3), 354-377.