- Received Coretta King Award, 1971
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree, Columbia College, Chicago, 1974
- American Brotherhood Award, National Conference of Christians and Jews, 1952
- Grolier Society Award, American Library Association, 1955
- Constance Lindsay Skinner Award, Woman's National Book Association, 1970
- 3 Negro Centennial Awards
- Honorary Membership, American Library Association, 1972
- We Build Together, National Council of English Teachers, 1938
- They Showed the Way
- Famous Negro-American Entertainers of Stage and Screen
- Christmas Gif'
- Black Troubador: Langston Hughes - Coretta Scott King Award Book
- Charlemae Rollins - Librarian and storyteller. (1974, September).
American Libraries, 5 (8), 413.
- 100 of the most important leaders we had in the 20th century.
(1999, December). American Libraries, 30 (11), 38-48.
- Rollins, Charlemae Hill. (1980). The ALA yearbook: A review of
library events of 1979 (Vo1. 5, p. 229). Chicago: American Library Association.