Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Reads for You...

Here are some reads that I've checked out over the past few days...Click on them. Fill your head, and then put your thoughts into action...

------------

1.) I'm a month behind on my initial order, but I put my order in for John Battelle's book, 'Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture. I'm a big fan of his Battelle's "SearchBlog". If you're into knowing where the internet could be heading over the next five years, check into Brad Berens's interview with Battelle from iMediaConnection.

One question though...If you work for Google in Sales, does that make you "Scary Smart"...;)

With that kidding aside, I do like Battelle's response to content providers such as AOL and the NYTimes building walls to their content in order to generate other revenue streams. Here it is:

Battelle: I think they are suffering from the problem most old line publishers have: how to sell the old model in a new model world. I have a lot to say about this, but not sure we need to go into all of it here. Suffice to say, it's all about the content. And if the content is not selling, then, perhaps, the content is not right.

2.) Check out this study from MIT's Media Lab...

MIT has been working on new studies that evaluate the behavior of laptop culture and usage on campuses. Pretty cool stuff from MIT's publication, iPosts.

As much as we're utilizing laptops and Wi-Fi, why are we not studying usage behavior more...Geez.

3.) Tim O'Reilly's interview from BBC News via Boing Boing on open-source challenges and it's current state. I dont' know about you, but anything that O'Reilly says out of Sebastipool...I'm definitely checking out.

4.) Here's a great post from the blog of Whole Foods CEO, John Mackey, entitled, "Rethinking The Social Responsiblity of Business." Definitely, hit this up. I enjoyed this article because Mackey goes up against Friedman's beliefs that solid business that business with a sociable conscience will not drive profits.

I'm in Mackey's corner. Businesses utilizing social marketing will build not only goodwill, but forge a more communal marketing relationship with consumers.

It's not only great to see a CEO blogging, but it's also great to see a company that is dedicated toward building two-way relationships with it's customers.

------------

I'll have more coming your way...

You Better Hit Harder Than That,
IronDog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home