|Chronological | Process-wise | Topic-wise | Upcoming || ||My publications are available here.|
- Working in Collaboration - What, Why, and How? Collaborative Information Retrieval workshop at CSCW 2010. Savannah, GA: February 7, 2010.
- Beyond Google: A Quest to Understand Information Seeking Across Time and People. CRADLE Talk. UNC Chapel Hill. December 4, 2009.
- Cashing on the Wisdoms of Crowds for Question Answering. ASIST 2009 Panel on Social Reference and Digital Reference: Online Question Answering Practices in Two Diverse Communities (SIGs SI, BWP, USE). Vancover, BC, Canada. November 10, 2009.
- The Same, Yet Different Comparing Studies of "Traditional" Digital Reference and Social Q&A. Presentation with Sanghee Oh on ASIST 2009 Panel on Opportunities, Threats, & Theoretical Approaches: Research in Traditional and Social Virtual Reference Quality (SIG HCI). Vancover, BC, Canada. November 9, 2009.
- Awareness in Collaborative Information Seeking. SILS Research Symposium. October 30, 2009.
- Toward a model for Collaborative Information Seeking, Synthesis, and Sense-making: A Work in Progress. Pennsylvania State University. October 12, 2009.
- Toward a model for Collaborative Information Seeking, Synthesis, and Sense-making: A Work in Progress. University of Maryland. October 13, 2009.
- System-mediated and user-mediated Collaborative Information Seeking (CIS). University of Sheffield, UK. August 21, 2009. [Abstract]
- System-mediated and user-mediated Collaborative Information Seeking (CIS). Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK. August 19, 2009.
- A Story of Context-Capturing and Cross-Country Coding. University of Wisconsin at Madison. August 12, 2009.
- Supporting Research Data Collection from YouTube with TubeKit. At YouTube and the 2008 Election Cycle in the United States Conference. April 16, 2009. Amherst, MA. (3rd prize) [Talk]
- Republic of Web: A web of, by, and for the people. CRADLE talk. UNC Chapel Hill. November 14, 2008.
[Slides in PDF]
- Hunting for Hip, Hipsters, and Happenings on YouTube. ASIST 2008 presentation. Columbus, Ohio. October 27, 2008.
- Collaborative Information Seeking: Counting on the Wisdom of Crowd. INLS 200 guest lecture. UNC Chapel Hill. October 23, 2008.
- Collaborative Information Seeking: Cashing on the Wisdom of Crowd. School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia. Penang, Malaysia.
July 30, 2008.
- Understanding System Implementation and User Behavior in a Collaborative Information Seeking Environment. SIGIR 2008 Doctoral Consortium. Singapore.
July 20, 2008.
- Understanding System Implementation and User Behavior in a Collaborative Information Seeking Environment. JCDL 2008 Doctoral Consortium. Pittsburgh,
PA. June 16, 2008.
- Collaborative Information Seeking: An Art of Making 1+1>2. INLS 490 guest lecture. UNC Chapel Hill.
April 21, 2008.
- Collaborative Information
Retrieval: All for One and One for All. INLS 200 guest lecture. UNC Chapel Hill. March 24, 2008.
- We, the People on YouTube: Understanding Democracy of, by, and for the Online Media Sharing. University Research Day Talk. UNC Chapel Hill.
March 4, 2008.
- From Searching to Exploring, From Finding to Understanding, and From Seeing to Visualizing the Information. University Research Day Poster (2nd
prize winner). UNC Chapel Hill. March 4, 2008.
- Hunting for Hip, Hipsters, and Happenings on YouTube - A ContextMiner
Story. CRADLE Talk. UNC Chapel Hill. September 21, 2007. [Slides in PDF]
- Finding Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen on YouTube. Yahoo! Research Berkeley, CA. August 10, 2007.
- Collaborative Exploratory Search (CES) - A Beginning. Summer Interns Presentation at FXPAL, CA. August 7, 2007.
- Preserving 2008 US Presidential Election Videos. International Web Archiving Workshop (IWAW) 2007. Vancouver, BC, Canada. June 23, 2007. [Slides in PDF]
- Two is a company: A step toward building a Collaborative Exploratory Search (CES) enviornment. WHIP Talk at FXPAL, CA. June 6, 2007.
- Mining Contextual Information for Ephemeral Digital Video Preservation: A Beginning. Research Issues and Questions Seminar. UNC
Chapel Hill. April 24, 2007.
- Digital Museums and User Interaction. With Amy Morgan and Stephanie Adamson in Human Information Interaction class. UNC Chapel
Hill. April 24, 2007
- Investigating the Effects of Faceted Interfaces - Research Proposal. Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Seminar. UNC Chapel Hill. Decmber 14, 2006.
- Relevance Revisited. Research Issues & Questions Seminar. UNC Chapel Hill. November 21, 2006.
- Topic Linking With Blogs - TREC 2006 Blog Track: Open Task. TREC 2006 at NIST. Novermber 14, 2006.
- Use of Topicality and Information Measures to Improve Representation for Story Link Detection (SLD). National Institute of Informatics (NII), Tokyo, Japan. August 16, 2006.
- Using Named Entities Based Representation for Story Link Detection (SLD). UMass Amherst. May 5, 2006.
- Story Link Detection (SLD) using Named Entity Graphs. NorthEastern University, Boston. January 6, 2006.
- A formal study of Terminological Feedback. UMass Amherst. January 13, 2005.
- Model Selection in Unsupervised Tracking. UMass Amherst. January 6, 2005.
- Evaluating High Accuracy Retrieval Techniques. SIGIR 2004. Sheffield, UK. July 2004.
- Building Plans for Household Tasks from Distributed Knowledge. Honda Research Institute (HRI), Mountain View, CA. August 13, 2004.