Sunday, August 27, 2006

Another Blogging Assignment

In addition to a post about the Canterbury Tales, this week I would like everyone to write a post introducing yourself to the rest of the class. Tell us whatever you like, but try to give us a sense of who you are beyond simply your name and your major.

In case you're wondering about me, I'm your teacher, Daniel Lupton. I'm working on my PhD here at UNC and my specialty is 18th century British literature. My dissertation analyzes the rules and bylaws of several mid-18th-century men's clubs in Britain and America and I'm also working on an essay arguing that the study of geomagnetism had a profound effect on John Dryden's heroic plays. I have an article published on Jonathan Swift's religious thought and a textbook on visual rhetoric published by Longman Press. I'm currently taking an accelerated Latin class that is way too difficult and time-consuming.

When I'm not teaching and working on my research I like travelling, skateboarding, music and hanging out with my wife. I collect vinyl records and I play in two punk rock bands. My favorite beer is Newcastle Brown Ale. My favorite book is Laurence Sterne's Tristram Shandy. If you want to know anything else just ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home