News & Events


aa Finishing up your Master's Paper? Take a peek at the writing center resources.

Congratulations to all students anticipating an August graduation! Click on Important Dates for application for graduation information.

NP NCBON Letters: NCBON letters verifying your curriculum has met the standards for NP education will be sent by the OAA to the NCBON approximately 15 working days after the official date of graduation. A copy of this letter along with a certificate specifying your specialty area (NPs only) of preparation will be sent to you -- we will need your email and correct address to accomplish this. If you an August graduate, this may take 20 working days after the official date of graduation.

Please indicate in your approval to practice packet that the letter has already been sent to the BON by the Program Director. The NCBON will keep this letter on file for 1 year.

Sometimes the Board does not indicate receipt of your letter immediately in their online database -- so please call them if it says your letter is not there yet (the NCBON contact isTeresa Witt Werlau). If they really cannot locate it or you are one year post graduation, you will need to contact the OAA to request that another copy of the original letter be sent to the BON.

Verification of Educational Program (for all students sitting for national examinations):

NOTE: The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) will not submit these forms prior to graduation.

Verification of education forms are required by several certifying bodies. You locate these forms in the application booklet for the exam. Presently, AAANP (Adult & FNPs) and the PNCB do not require this form.

For those of you sitting for national examinations, the verification of educational program forms are to be submitted to the Office of Student Affairs (Suite 1200, Carrington Hall). Forms will not be completed prior to graduation.

At least two examination bodies are now using online program verification processes. So far, things have gone well. Please read the application directions closely, contact the organization (not the SON) with any questions about necessary forms and procedure.

Please allow up to 15 working days for processing after graduation or the date your first submit the form. If you are an August Graduate, please allow up to 1 month due to vacation schedules.

If you are a postmaster's student, processing may take longer as certifying bodies now require a letter justifying your individualized program of study.

Certifying Bodies for graduates...[more]

Transcripts: We do not send a transcript for you. You must order your own transcript for any examination application. Transcript Services Transcripts can be ordered online by current students and alumni of the university. Online transcript ordering is convenient, can be done from any location 24/7, and provides emails to inform students/alumni on the status of their request. Transcript fees and fees for expediated delivery to a domestic location or international location apply.

FAQ about NP application process, including registration and approval to practice...[more]

Moving to another state? You will need to contact the Board of Nursing in the state you are moving to and ask about forms or paperwork that need to be filled out by your educational program. When you send the paperwork to us, in many cases, you must sign the form before we can send it to the Board of Nursing.

Please make sure you have signed the form (if required) prior to sending it to us. Direct all paperwork to the SON Registrar (Deannie Holt) in OSA.







Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here Put a bunch of keywords and phrases here



Writing Center Resources

aaExample Title Pageaa

aaDownload: Handout on APA 6th edition (UNC-CH)

Check out Handouts and Videos at the UNC Learning Center to support your writing efforts!

UNC University Libraries: CITATION Tutorial

aaPurdue OWL: Online Writing Lab: APA Formatting & Style Guide

HSL Library: Check out the Nursing LibGuide


Graduation Checklist

Read Your Paper Trail

Print off your own copy of the MSN Paper Trail or PhD Paper Trail of paperwork required for Graduation. If you have any questions, ask your faculty academic advisor.

Check Your Transcript

Check your transcript today. See the Advising Grad Center link on the left . Make sure courses that were approved to transfer are on your transcript. Any INC, ABs on your transcript must be removed to sit for comprehensive exams and cleared for graduation.