An undergraduate information science major and journalism minor at UNC - Chapel Hill.
- edit the conservation journal Hunter/Gatherer
- administer an online archive of radical conservation history with other information science students
- am writing Wildism: A Philosophy for Conservation, Rewilding, and Reaction, to be published in paperback in a few months
- "Ted Kaczynski and Why He Matters" in Dark Mountain (May 2016)
- A culmination of my research on Ted Kaczynski, better known as "the Unabomber." Includes much previously unknown or unpopularized material about and by Kaczynski.
- Wildism: A Philosophy for Conservation, Rewilding, and Reaction (forthcoming)
- An exposition of an idiosyncratic brand of deep ecology that emphasis the importance of wildness in conserving and restoring nature. Excerpts of the book are currently being published in the Hunter/Gatherer series, "The Foundations of Wildism"
- "The Real Paleoconservative: Conservation as Darwinian Conservatism" (forthcoming)
- An argument for conservation as a politically conservative philosophy. Specifically, I tie radical conservation and its nomadic hunter/gatherer ideal to the conservatism of traditionalists and some anti-modern forms of Islam.
- The Wildernist, 2014-2016
- A student conservation magazine I founded and edited from 2014-2016. Published material by Dr. Reed Noss, Dave Foreman, Harvey Locke, and Dr. David Skrbina, among others.
- Wild Will Coalition, 2016-Present
- A coalition of individuals and small groups that speak openly about the potential need for a more radical approach to nature conservation. Intended to explain and spread a variant of deep ecology that we call "wildism." I also put out a journal for the coalition entitled Hunter/Gatherer.
- DMOZ at Society:Philosophy:Ethics:Environmental
- A directory on DMOZ that I maintain.