- Note Chapter VII, "Select Bibliography," in Mitchell, Bruce and Fred C. Robinson, A Guide to Old English:Revised with Prose and Verse Texts and Glossary (5th ed. Oxford: Blackwell, 1992), and notice Mitchell's further references to annotated bibliography in his Chapter VI, "An Introduction to Anglo-Saxon Studies" (pages 118-142 of this book).
- Robinson, F.C. Old English Literature: A Select Bibliography. Toronto: U of Toronto P, 1970.
- CBEL. The Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature. Vol I, 2nd ed. 1974.
- Keynes, Simon. Anglo-Saxon History: A Select Bibliography. Old English Newsletter Subsidia vol. 13. CEMERS. SUNY-Binghamton, 1987.
- See also the pages under specific works, especially for Beowulf.
Complete and On-Going Bibliographies
- Greenfield, Stanley B. and Fred C. Robinson. A Bibliographyof Publications on Old English Literature to the end of1972. Toronto: U of Toronto P, 1980. (Deliberately exculdes most work on language.)
- For keeping up with recent publications, consult the annual listings in:
- PMLA . Publications of the Modern Language Association (searchable online and via CD-ROM).
- YWES . Year's Work in English Studies.
- ASE . Anglo-Saxon England. Ed. Peter Clemoes et al., Cambridge: Cambridge UP, Vol.I (1972) -- (The most comprehensive annual bibliography. DA152.2 .A75)
- OEN . The Old English Newsletter. Published for the Old English Division of the MLA. Vol.I (1967)-- (PE101 O4. Also comprehensive. The SURVEY of the year's work first appeared in vol. 2,1 , the BIBLIOGRAPHY first in 3,2 .)