Overviews of Old English Literature
Surveys and General Discussions
- Godden, Malcolm and Michael Lapidge, ed. The Cambridge companion to Old English literature. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1991.
- Aertsen, Henk and Rolf H. Bremmer, Jr., ed. Companion to Old English Poetry. Amsterdam: VU University P, 1994.
- Berkhout, Carl T. and Milton McC. Gatch, ed. Anglo-Saxon scholarship: the first three centuries. Boston: Hall, 1982.
- Greenfield, S.B. and Daniel G. Calder. A New Critical History of Old EnglishLiterature. New York: New York UP, 1986.
- Stanley, E.G., ed. Continuations and Beginnings. London: Nelson, 1966. (Chapters on Alfred, Aelfric, Wulfstan as well as others on poetry.)
- Wrenn, C.L. A Study of Old English Literature. New York: Norton, 1967.
- Bessinger, Jess B. Essential Articles for the study of Old English poetry. Hamden: Archon, 1968.
- Stevens, Martin and Jerome Mandel. Old English literature: twenty-two analyatical essays. Lincoln: U of Nebraska P, 1968.
- Gordon, Ian. The Movement of English Prose. London: Longman, 1966.
Translations of Old English Verse and Prose
- Bradley, S.A.J., trans. Anglo-Saxon Peotry. Everyman. Rutland, VT: Tuttle, 1991.
- Crossley-Holland, Kevin ed. And trans. The Anglo-Saxon Wordl: An Anthology. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1984.
- Swanton, Michael, ed. And trans. Anglo-Saxon Prose. London: Dent: 1975.