Some Other Books about Women and Women Writers
A Few of Many ...
- Leyser, Henrietta. Medieval Women: A Social History of Women in Englang 450 - 1500. New York: St. Martin's, 1995.
- Walker, Sue Sheridan, ed. Wife and Widow in Medieval England. Ann Arbor: U of Michigan P, 1993.
- Mirrer, Louise, ed. Upon My Husband's Death: Widows in the Literature and Histories of Medieval Europe. Ann Arbor: U of Michigan P, 1992.
- Dronke, Peter, ed. and transl. Women Writers of the middle ages. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1984. [Translations of selections ranging from Hrosvitha to Marguerite Porete. With a bibliography whose aim is "to chart the primary sources--the writings and testimonies of all the women, from ca. 200 to ca. 1300, that I read while preparing this book."]
- Barratt, Alexandra, ed. Women's Writing in Middle English. London: Longman, 1992. [Introduction and 18 authors / topics, in Middle English with notes.]
- Christine de Pizan. The Writings of Christine de Pizan: selected and edited by Charity Cannon Wiullard. New York: Persea, 1994.
- Christine de Pizan. A Medieval Woman's Mirror of Honor: the treatise of the City of Ladies. Trans. Charity Cannon Willard, ed with introd. by Madeleine Pelner Cosman. New York: Persea, 1989.