1. Get on I-40 going west from
Raleigh or RDU airport.
2. Proceed on I-40 to exit 273B, NC-54 to Chapel Hill.
3. Several miles after leaving I-40, NC-54 will pass under US 51-501, a bypass road that circles Chapel Hill. Continue straight on NC-54.
4. In town, NC-54 is called South Road - see the map below. You should see the Bell Tower to your left shortly after getting onto the campus.
5. Turn left onto Pittsboro Street. Stay in left lane.
6. Turn left into the small hidden driveway just past the yellow hidden drive sign. It approximately 1/4 mile from your turn onto Pittsboro Street. (If you come to a traffic light at the intersection with Columbia Street, you've gone too far. Turn left, loop around the block and try again.)
7. Baity lab will be on your right as you proceed up into the parking lot.
NOTE: Parking is hard to find near Baity. A good option is to park in the public garage across from the UNC hospitals on the south side of Manning Drive. Signs will direct you to parking for hospital patients and visitors. See the map below.
you have parked, come out of the garage and cross Manning Drive. Walk up
Manning Drive and cross Columbia Street at the light. At that point
Manning Drive changes its name to Pittsboro Street. Continue walking up
Pittsboro Street until you reach a driveway. Enter the driveway and Baity
will be the brick building on your right.
HERE FOR A MORE DETAILED UNC CAMPUS MAP
(NOTES: THIS IS A LARGE GIF FILE; BAITY LAB IS AT COORDINATE D-10)
UNC VISITOR INFORMATION
Main * Personnel
and Alumni * Current Projects
* Past Projects
Research Facilities * Map to Baity Lab * Contact Phone Numbers, Addresses
The Story of Dr. Herman G. Baity
ESE * SPH * UNC