Jeremy Marzuola |
Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations
Instructor: Jeremy Louis Marzuola
Semester: Fall 2009
When: MW 9:10am-10:25am
Where: 253 Engineering Terrace
My office hours are Monday and Wednesday 3:30 - 5:00 PM in 287D Mudd.
APMA E3102 or APMA E4200.
D. Braess. Finite Elements: Theory, Fast Solvers, and Applications in Solid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press.
J. Demmel. Applied Numerical Linear Algebra. SIAM.
A. Iserles. A First Course in the Numerical Analysis of Differential Equations. Cambridge University Press.
S. Larsson and V. Thomee. Partial Differential Equations with Numerical Methods. Springer.
L. Trefethen. Spectral Methods in Matlab. SIAM.
The course syllabus can be found here in PDF.
Professor Guillaume Bal has taught this course in the past and has some useful references on his web-page.
Grades will be based on weekly homework assignments and a final project.
- HW1. Due September 21, 2009.
- HW2. Due October 5, 2009.
- HW3. Due October 19, 2009.
- HW4. Due November 2, 2009.
- HW5. Due November 16, 2009.
- HW6. Due December 2, 2009.
- Week 1. Week of September 7th, 2009.
- Week 2. Week of September 14th, 2009.
- Week 3. Week of September 21st, 2009.
- Week 4. Week of September 28th, 2009.
- Week 5. Week of October 5th, 2009.
- Week 6. Week of October 12th, 2009.
- Week 7. Week of October 19th, 2009.
- Week 8. Week of October 26th, 2009.
- Week 9. Week of November 2nd, 2009.
- Week 10. Week of November 9th, 2009.
- Week 11. Week of November 16th, 2009.
- Week 12. Week of November 23rd, 2009.
- Week 13. Week of November
- Week 14. Week of December 7th, 2009.
- Final projects will be due December 18th, 2009 in my office by 12:00pm. Please talk to me early in the semester about possible topics.