- Nutter, S., Knanova, J. and Patillo, E. (2012). “Education Trends Panel Summary” in Information Professionals 2050: Educational Possibilities and Pathways. Marchionini, G. and Moran, BB, eds. School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Patillo, EJ, Moran, BB and Morgan, JC (2009). “The Job Itself: The Effects of Functional Units on Work Autonomy among Public and Academic Librarians.” Library Trends, 58(2), Fall 2009, pp. 276-290.
- Editorial review board, Reference Services Review, 2006 -
- Reporter for Cognotes, the daily paper of the ALA Midwinter Meeting and ALA Annual Conference, 2007 - 2008
- "Should I be a music librarian?" Pan Pipes, 98 (2), Winter 2006, pp. 55-56.
- Review of "Let the Church Sing!": Music and Worship in a Black Mississippi Community. Notes, 62 (1), September 2005, pp. 142-145.
- "UH Music Library outreach: a two-way street." Texas Library Journal, 81 (1), Spring 2005, pp. 28-30.
- Program notes for selected Moores School of Music performances, 2004 - 2005.
- Best Books for Academic Libraries: Music & Fine Art. 2003, Senior Subject Specialist.
- UH Music Library Newsletter, Editor. 2000 - 2005.
- Numerous abstracts, RILM Abstracts. 2000 - 2004.
- “Incidental Outreach Among Music Librarians: Benefits of Performing with our Patrons.” Refereed presentation. Music Library Association Annual Meeting. San Diego, California. March 23, 2010.
- “Marketing: What Not to Do.” VLACRL Regional Meeting. Hollins University. July 18, 2007.
- “Not Yo Mama's Library.” Our Turn continuing education forum and new faculty orientation. Radford University. August 11, 2006.
- “Church Libraries.” Invited presentation to the International Women's Council of the Church of God in Christ Jesus, Inc. Cherry Hill, New Jersey. April 9, 2004.
- “History of Black Gospel Music.” Guest lecture for Popular Music in America course. University of Houston. October 8, 2003.
- “History of Gospel Music.” Guest lectures for African-American Studies survey course. University of Houston. April 22, 2003 and December 5, 2002.
- “What Your Librarian Can Do For You.” Guest lecture for Methods and Materials in Applied Vocal Pedagogy. Moores School of Music. University of Houston, Houston, Texas. February 25, 2002.
- “Modern Black Gospel Music.” Guest lecture for Sacred Music course. Moores School of Music. University of Houston, Houston, Texas. October 2001.
- “Who k(New): Recruitment and Retention at the University of Houston Libraries.” With Anne Mitchell and J. Michael Thompson. Texas Library Association District VIII Fall Meeting. Houston, Texas. October 2001.
- “Chamber Music Project: Involving the Student Worker in Collection Management.” Poster Session. Music Library Association. Annual Meeting. Louisville, Kentucky. 2000.
- CALA Professional Development Seminar on Management and Leadership (with Pam Sessoms). November 2010. Davis Library, UNC Libraries.
- “Music and Performing Arts Librarianship: Is It for You?” School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. April 9, 2009 and November, 2009.