Lighthouses of Denmark: Sjælland Region

Denmark, located at the mouth of the Baltic Sea, includes the north-pointing peninsula of Jylland (Jutland) in the west and a large number of islands to the east. The capital, København (Copenhagen), is on the northeastern corner of the island of Sjælland (Zealand). Other major Danish islands include Fyn (between Sjælland and Jylland), Lolland and Falster (south of Sjælland) and Bornholm (farther east in the Baltic). This page covers the lighthouses of the Sjælland (Zealand) Region, which includes all of Sjælland except the København metropolitan area plus the islands of Lolland, Falster, and Møn to the south.

The Danish word for a lighthouse is fyr. The front light of a range is the forfyr and the rear light is the bagfyr. In October 2011, the government placed maintenance of Danish aids to navigation under the Danish Maritime Authority (Søfartsstyrelsen).

ARLHS numbers are from the ARLHS World List of Lights. DFL numbers are from the Dansk Fyrliste (Danish Light List). Admiralty numbers are from volume C of the Admiralty List of Lights & Fog Signals. U.S. NGA List numbers are from Publication 116.

General Sources
Danske Fyrtårne
A comprehensive site on Danish lighthouses, with many photos; the text is entirely in Danish.
Online List of Lights - Denmark East
Photos by various photographers posted by Alexander Trabas.
Leuchttürme.net - Dänemark
A fine web site by Malte Werning, with excellent photos.
Leuchtturmseiten von Anke und Jens - Denmark
Photos of more than 100 Danish lighthouses, with notes in English.
Dänische Leuchttürme
Photos of more than 175 Danish lighthouses posted by Klaus Huelse.
Lighthouses in Denmark
Photos available from Wikimedia.
Sjælland
Photos posted by Anna Jenšíková.
Lighthouses in Denmark
Aerial photos posted by Marinas.com.
Indholdsfortegnelse
History of the Danish lighthouse service, with photos of selected lighthouses, posted by the Danish Environment and Energy Ministry (Miljø & Energi Ministeriet).
Dänische Leuchttürme auf historischen Postkarten
Historic postcard views posted by Klaus Huelse.
Feuerschiffe in Dänemark
Lightship information posted by Iris Klempau.

Stevns Klint Fyr
Stevns Light, Stevns, October 2008
Wikipedia Creative Commons photo by Mogens Engelund

Southern Sjælland Lighthouses
Stevns Klint (1)
1818. Inactive since 1878. Semicircular lantern room attached to one end of a 2-1/2 story masonry keeper's house. House painted white; lantern dome is greenish metallic. A photo is at right, and Huelse has a 2008 photo. The lantern became superfluous after the present lighthouse was built beside the house in 1878, but the keeper's house remained in use. Site and tower closed. ARLHS DEN-042.
Stevns (Stevns Klint) (2)
1878 (station established 1818). Active; focal plane 64 m (210 ft); one long (2 s) white flash every 25 s. 26 m (85 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery; 1st order Fresnel lens in use. Lighthouse painted white; lantern dome is greenish metallic. Mogens Engelund's photo is at the top of this page, Trabas has a photo, Marinas.com has aerial photos, Huelse has an excellent 2008 photo and a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. Stevns Klint is the tip of a peninsula that pokes eastward into the Baltic Sea from the southeastern coast of Sjælland. The area is now a military base, and access to the light station is closed to the public. Located about 5 km (3 mi) east southeast of Stevns. Site and tower closed. ARLHS DEN-123; DFL-3250; Admiralty C2094; NGA 5080.
* Præstø Næb
1898. Inactive since 1970. 4 m (13 ft) square wood building, painted white with a red horizontal band. The light is surrounded by houses in Google's satellite view. This light formerly guided ships in the Præstø Fjord; it was abandoned as the town of Præstø grew to surround it. Long missing from lists of Danish lights, it was rediscovered in 2012. Its owner has maintained it in excellent condition. Located on the Fasenvej in Præstø. Site open, building closed. Site manager: private. ex-DFL-4190.

1818 Stevns Klint Light, Stevns
Danish Maritime Authority photo
* Roneklint Forfyr
1894. Inactive since about 2006. 4 m (13 ft) square wood building; the light is displayed through a small square window. Lighthouse painted white with one red horizontal band. Anke/Jens have a page for the lighthouse, Huelse has a closeup photo, and Google has a satellite view. The rear lighthouse was replaced by a skeletal tower. These range lights are missing from the 2007 Dansk Fyrliste. Located on the beach at Roneklint, just east of the entrance to the Praestø Fjord. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-139; ex-Admiralty C2122.
* Ore (2)
1895 (station established 1879). Active; focal plane 13 m (43 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, 2 s on, 2 s off. 13 m (43 ft) rectangular tower with a lantern room and gallery on the top floor. Lighthouse painted with red and white horizontal bands. Trabas has a good photo, Anke/Jens have a page on the light, Huelse has a historic postcard view in which the tower is painted all white, and Google has a satellite view. This light guides ships eastbound into the harbor of Vordingborg, a town at the southern tip of Sjælland opposite Falster. Located on the Søvej near the Badevej, about 1.5 km (1 mi) west of the Vordingborg waterfront. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-122; DFL-5370; Admiralty C1798; NGA 4296.

Bogø and Møn Lighthouses
Note: Møn is an island off the southeast coast of Sjælland. The island has a population of about 10,000. It is connected directly to Sjælland by the Queen Alexandrine Bridge; it is also connected to both Sjælland and Falster via Bogø and the Farø Bridge. Bogø, west of Møn, is a smaller island about 7 km (4 mi) in length and having a population of about 1100.
* Hellehavns Nakke
1911. Active; focal plane 40 m (131 ft); flash every 5 s, white, red, or green depending on direction. 6 m (20 ft) cast iron tower with lantern, painted with red and white horizontal bands. Trabas has a closeup photo, Fyrtaarne.dk has a page with a photo, Huelse also has a photo plus a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. Located at the northeastern tip of Møn. According to Anke/Jens, the lighthouse is accessible by a walk of about 500 m (0.3 mi) from Liselund Slot, an 1880s "castle" available for overnight accommodations. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-141; DFL-5884; Admiralty C2144; NGA 4512.
Møn
1845. Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); four white flashes, separated by 5 s, every 30 s. 13 m (43 ft) octagonal cylindrical brick tower with lantern and gallery, rising from the seaward side of a 1-1/2 story brick keeper's house. 3rd order Fresnel lens, installed in 1947. The lighthouse is unpainted orange brick; lantern and gallery painted white with a red dome. A photo is at right, Trabas has a good photo, Imke Heyder has a photo, Wikimedia has a view from the sea, Huelse has a photo and a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. According to the Fyrtaarne.dk webmaster, there is no longer any public access to the station. Located at the end of the Fyrvej on Møn Klint, the eastern tip of Møn. Site and tower closed. ARLHS DEN-025; DFL-5880; Admiralty C2142; NGA 4508.
* Borgsted
1898. Active; focal plane 3.5 m (11 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, 3 s on, 2 s off. 4 m (13 ft) square wood building; the light is displayed through a rectangular window. Lighthouse painted white with one red horizontal band. Trabas has a good photo, Huelse also has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. This is a directional light for vessels westbound in the Grønsund. Located just off the Grønsundvej at the southwestern corner of Møn. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-142; DFL-5685; Admiralty C2178; NGA 4480.
* Bogø
1895. Inactive since 1985. 7 m (23 ft) rectangular 2-story concrete building; the light was shown through a large window on the seaward side. Lighthouse painted white with one red horizontal band. Huelse has a photo and a historic postcard view, and Google has an indistinct satellite view. The light marked the western entrance to the Grønsund, here separating Bogø from Falster. Bogø is a smaller island northeast of Falster and west of Møn. Highway 287 runs the length of the island and continues on a bridge to Møn. Located at the end of the Vesternaesvej near the western tip of the island. Site status unknown, tower closed. Site manager: private. ARLHS DEN-138.
Møn Fyr
Møn Light, Vordingborg, October 2009
Flickr Creative Commons photo by Judith

Falster Lighthouses
Note: Falster is a substantial island, with a population of more than 40,000, located due south of Sjælland. The E47 expressway crosses the island, linking it to Sjælland by the Farø Bridge and to Lolland by the Guldborgsund Tunnel.
* Orehoved Bagfyr (2)
1895 (station established 1879). Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, 2 s on, 2 s off. 11 m (36 ft) semielliptical cylindrical tower with lantern and gallery, painted white. The tower also carries a red triangular daymark. Huelse's 2008 photo is at right, Trabas has a good photo, Anke/Jens have a page, and Google has a satellite view. The lighthouse, which replaced a light on a mast, was raised in height by an additional story in 1933. The front light is on a small post. Located at the northwest corner of the quay in Orehoved, in northwest Falster a short distance west of the Storstrøm Bridge from Vordingborg. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-135; DFL-5376; Admiralty C1800.1; NGA 4304.
* Stubbekøbing
Date unknown. Active; focal plane 5 m (16 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, 2 s on, 2 s off. 4 m (13 ft) square wood building; the light is displayed through a rectangular window. Lighthouse painted white with one red horizontal band. Trabas has a photo, Huelse also has a photo, and Google has a satellite view. This light guides ships into the harbor of Stubbekøbing, on the south side of the Grønsund opposite Bogø. Located on the west side of the village. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-184; DFL-5650; Admiralty C1856; NGA 4348.
* Grønsund Forfyr
1891. Active; focal plane 12 m (39 ft); white light, intensified on the range line, 1 s on, 1 s off. 13 m (43 ft) hexagonal brick tower; the light is shown through a rectangular window. Lighthouse painted white; the tower also carries a triangular red and yellow banded triangular daymark. Trabas has a closeup photo, and Google has a satellite view. The rear light is on a skeletal tower. Located on the Gammel Faergevej east of Grønsund, at the northeastern corner of Falster. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-136; DFL-5704b; Admiralty C2166; NGA 4472.
* Hestehoved
1891. Active; focal plane 14 m (46 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, occulting twice every 6 s. 1-story lantern house attached to a 1-1/2 story keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white with gray roofs. Trabas has an excellent photo, Huelse also has a good photo as well as a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. This directional light stands on the easternmost point of Falster and marks the entrance to the Grønsund, the sound separating Falster from Møn. Located about 3 km (2 mi) east of Moseby. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-137; DFL-5860; Admiralty C2152; NGA 4468.

Orehoved Bagfyr, Orehoved, 2008
photo copyright Klaus Huelse; used by permission
* Gedser Odde
1802. Active; focal plane 26 m (85 ft); three white flashes every 20 s. 20 m (66 ft) hexagonal cylindrical stone tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white, lantern red. 1-1/2 story keeper's house and other light station buildings. Andrey Sulitskiy's photo is at right, Trabas has a good photo, a 2007 photo is available, Anke/Jens have a page for the lighthouse, Huelse has a historic postcard view, Marinas.com has aerial photos, and Google has a satellite view. This historic lighthouse stands near the southernmost point of Denmark. About 600 m (2000 ft) southeast, at the extreme point of the cape, there is now a very tall cylindrical radar tower that resembles a lighthouse. Located on Gedser Odde, the southern tip of Falster, about 3 km (2 mi) southeast of the town of Gedser. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-010; DFL-5800; Admiralty C2186; NGA 4436.
Gedser Rev
2003. Active; focal plane 8 m (26 ft); two short white flashes followed by one long flash every 15 s. 8 m (26 ft) post light with lantern and gallery, painted red. Huelse also has a photo. This light replaced a former lightship station. Located on a shoal in the Baltic Sea about 12 km (7.5 mi) southeast of Gedser. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-5802; Admiralty C2186.5.

Lolland and Vejrø Lighthouses
Note: Lolland is Denmark's fourth largest island, located southwest of Sjælland and separated from Falster by a narrow strait called the Guldborgsund. The E47 expressway crosses the island, linking it to Falster by the Guldborgsund Tunnel. On the south, Lolland faces the Fehmarn Belt, a strait crossed by a ferry carrying traffic from Rødbyhavn to Fehmarn in Germany. Denmark and Germany plan to build a fixed link across the Belt, which is 18 km (11 mi) wide. Still under design, this link cannot be completed before 2021.
Hyllekrog
1905. Inactive since 1971. 18 m (59 ft) square masonry tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white, lantern red. The tower was formerly attached to a 1-1/2 story masonry keeper's house, but the house has been demolished. Huelse has a good photo and a historic postcard view of the intact station, Marinas.com has aerial photos, and Google has a satellite view. After the light was deactivated, the optics were transferred to the Christiansø lighthouse in Bornholm. Located near the end of a long sand spit attached to the southernmost tip of Lolland, about 9 km (5.5 mi) southeast of Rødbyhavn. Accessible by 4WD or by boat. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-134.
Gedser Fyr
Gedser Odde Light, Guldborgsund, 2010
Panoramio Creative Commons photo by Andrey Sulitskiy
* Albuen (4)
1958 (station established 1779). Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, 4 s on, 4 s off. 13 m (43 ft) round cylindrical concrete tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white; lantern dome painted red. Trabas has an excellent closeup by Karl-Heinz Wellm, Huelse has a photo by Kai Thomalla, and Google has a satellite view. This station was established with a post light to guide mail boats. A pair of small range lights was installed in 1884 and then replaced in 1896 by a concrete tower. However, the station stands on a dynamic sandspit, and migration of the spit eventually put the lighthouse in the water; its ruins can be seen in the sound several hundred meters northwest of the present lighthouse. The lighthouse was originally the rear light of a range. Located on a strongly curved spit at the extreme western tip of Lolland, where it marks the southeastern entrance to the Storebælt. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-133; DFL-3815; Admiralty C1716.1; NGA 4160.
Vejrø
1846. Active; focal plane 19 m (62 ft); white, red, or green light depending on direction, occulting once every 5 s. 16 m (52 ft) hexagonal cylindrical masonry tower rising from the angle of an L-shaped 1-1/2 story keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white; the house is white with a red tile roof. A fine 2009 photo is available, Huelse has a good closeup photo by Bernd Claußen, Marinas.com has aerial photos, and Google has a satellite view. Vejrø is an island in the Smålands Farvandet, the shallow sound between Lolland and Sjælland. Located at the northeast point of the island. Accessible only by boat. Site and tower closed. ARLHS DEN-045; DFL-5210; Admiralty C1732; NGA 4216.

Slagelse Municipality (Sjælland West Coast, Storebælt) Lighthouses
Note: The west coast of Sjælland faces the Storebælt (Great Belt), the strait separating Sjælland from Fyn. The Storebælt is the widest of the three outlets of the Baltic Sea, varying in width from 16 to 32 km (10-20 mi). Since 1998 it has been bridged on the E20 expressway by the Great Belt Fixed Link (Storebæltsforbindelsen), which includes one of the world's longest suspension spans.
*** Langelands Øre (Omø)
1894. Active; focal plane 21 m (69 ft); white, red or green light depending on direction, occulting twice every 12 s. 22 m (72 ft) round brick tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted yellow, lantern white. 1-1/2 story keeper's house. A photo is at right, Huelse has a closeup photo showing the lighthouse freshly repainted a bright yellow, Ejaz Yousaf has a sunset photo, Marinas.com has aerial photos, Huelse also has a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. Despite its name, this lighthouse is not on Langeland but across the Storebælt on the island of Omø. The island is accessible by passenger ferry from Stigsnæs on Sjælland. Located on the western tip of the island. Site open, and the Anke/Jens site says the tower is open for climbing. ARLHS DEN-127; DFL-3694; Admiralty C1640; NGA 4120.
* Helleholm (2)
1900 (station established 1846). Active; focal plane 12 m (39 ft); white, red or green light depending on direction, occulting three times every 15 s. 12 m (39 ft) square cylindrical tower with lantern and gallery. Lighthouse painted white, lantern dome red. Trabas has a closeup by Karl-Heinz Wellm, Marinas.com has aerial photos, Huelse has a 2008 photo and a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. Located on Helleholm, the southeastern tip of the island of Agersø, about 3 km (2 mi) northeast of Strignaes. Agersø is accessible by ferry from Strignaes. There's also a good view of this lighthouse from ferries between Strignaes and Omø. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-014; DFL-5188; Admiralty C1648 NGA 4092.
Agersø Flak
1977. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); three white flashes every 10 s, white, red or green depending on direction. 10 m (33 ft) round lantern and gallery mounted on a tall mast. Entire lighthouse painted red. Located on the east side of the Storebælt channel about 5 km (3 mi) west of the island of Agersø and a similar distance northwest of Omø. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-3686; Admiralty C1534.8; NGA 4088.
Vengeancegrund
1977. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); two white flashes every 5 s, white, red or green depending on direction. 10 m (33 ft) round lantern and gallery mounted on a tall mast. Entire lighthouse painted red. Located on the west side of the Storebælt channel about 2.7 km (1.7 mi) northwest of the Agersø Flak light. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-3680; Admiralty C1534.7; NGA 4084.
Omø Light
Langelands Øre Light, Omø, August 2010
Panoramio Creative Commons photo by cisco66
Egholm Flak
1977. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); two white flashes every 3 s, red or green depending on direction. 10 m (33 ft) round lantern and gallery mounted on a tall mast. Entire lighthouse painted red. Egholm is the northern point of Agersø. Located on the west side of the Storebælt channel about 5 km (3 mi) northwest of Agersø. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-3675; Admiralty C1534.6; NGA 4080.
* Korsør
1913. Inactive since 1999. Approx. 9 m (30 ft) square pyramidal cast iron skeletal tower with lantern, gallery, and enclosed watch room. Entire lighthouse painted red. A photo is at right, a fine closeup is available, Huelse has a 2008 photo, Marinas.com has aerial photos, and Google has a satellite view. This lighthouse formerly stood in the Storebælt, guiding the ferries from Nyborg on Fyn. It was nicknamed Den Koen (The Cow) due to the sound of its foghorn. It was deactivated after the completion of the Great Belt Fixed Link, which opened to rail traffic in 1997 and to auto traffic in 1998. A local preservation group then organized to save the lighthouse, and it was relocated to a position of honor on the Korsør waterfront. Located at the west end of the Gamle Banegårdsplads on the north side of the inner harbor entrance at Korsør. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-170.
* Korsør (Halsskov, Ferry, Inner) Range Rear (Havnestenen) (5?)
Date unknown (station established 1793). Active; focal plane 25 m (82 ft); continuous green light. 23 m (75 ft) square skeletal tower with gallery, carrying a triangular slatted daymark, point down. Daymark painted red. A photo is available, and Google has a satellite view. The original post light was replaced in 1819 by a square brick tower, in 1842 by a round brick tower, and in 1893 by a skeletal tower. Huelse has a postcard view of the 1842 range towers, which were demolished in 1904. Located beside a traffic roundabout on the Tårnborgvej, behind the former ferry pier. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-172; Admiralty C1536.1; NGA 3704.
* Halsskov (4)
1894. Inactive since 1917. 7 m (23 ft) semicircular masonry tower with lantern and gallery attached to the seaward end of a 1-1/2 story masonry keeper's house. Building painted white with gray trim. Huelse has a 2008 photo, and Google has a satellite view. The original basket light was replaced in 1810 by a basket on a triangular brick pedestal; Huelse also has a photo of that light, which stands in front of the 1894 lighthouse. The third lighthouse was built in 1856. Located at the end of the Lygtebakken facing the waterfront of Halsskov, on the northwest side of Korsør. Site and tower closed (private residence), but the lighthouse can be viewed from nearby. ARLHS DEN-032.
Østerrenden Syd
1992. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); two white flashes every 3 s, red or green depending on direction. 10 m (33 ft) round lantern and gallery mounted on a tall mast. Entire lighthouse painted red. Trabas has a closeup. The Østerrenden channel, east of Sprogø, is the main ship channel under the Great Belt Fixed Link. Located just south of the west pylon of the Østbroen (Eastern Bridge), which links Sprogø to Sjælland. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-3424; Admiralty C1534; NGA 3692.
Korsør Light
Korsør Light, Korsør, May 2012
Panoramio photo copyright Milo-Sydow; used by permission
Østerrenden Nord
1992. Active; focal plane 10 m (33 ft); three green flashes every 10 s. 10 m (33 ft) round lantern and gallery mounted on a tall mast. Entire lighthouse painted green. Located on the west side of the Østerrenden channel at its northern end, about 1 km (0.6 mi) northeast of the Sprogø Nordost light. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-3396; Admiralty C1532.5; NGA 3682.

Kalundborg Lighthouses
* Røsnaes
1844 (heightened in 1859). Inactive since 2010. 15 m (49 ft) square cylindrical masonry tower with lantern and gallery, attached to a 1-1/2 story masonry keeper's house. Lighthouse painted white, lantern red. A photo is at right, Lars Jensen has a closeup, Larry Myhre has a photo, Werning has a distant view, Fyrtaarne.dk has the history of the station, and Google has a satellite view. The lighthouse stands on the westernmost point of Sjælland, at the end of a long, narrow peninsula that protects the north side of the Kalundborg Fjord. Located at the end of the road, near Hellesklint and about 15 km (9 mi) west of Kalundborg. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-034; DFL-2025; Admiralty C1496; NGA 3588.
Røsnaes Puller
1939. Active; focal plane 7 m (23 ft); two white flashes every 5 s. 7 m (23 ft) skeletal mast mounted on a round granite base, all standing on a round pier. Originally, this was an approximately 18 m (59 ft) round 2-stage tower with lantern and gallery, upper stage cast iron and lower stage granite. Sometime after 2000, all of this lighthouse was removed except for the granite lower stage. Trabas has a distant view, and Huelse also has a photo. Located on a shoal about 2 km (1.2 mi) west of the Røsnaes lighthouse. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. DFL-2020; Admiralty C1498; NGA 3592.
* Sejerø
1852. Active; focal plane 31 m (102 ft); two white flashes every 15 s. 19 m (62 ft) round masonry tower with lantern and gallery. The lighthouse is painted a pale yellow; the lantern is gray metallic. A 1-1/2 story keeper's house is nearby. Trabas has a closeup by Karl-Heinz Wellm, Huelse has a nice closeup by Bernd Claußen and a historic postcard view, and Google has a satellite view. Sejerø is a sandy island in the Kattegat about 8 km (5 mi) west of Ordrup Naes. Ferry transportation to the island is available from Havnsø. Located atop a dune at the western tip of the island. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-125; DFL-1975; Admiralty C1486; NGA 3556.
Sjællands Rev Nord
1971. Active; focal plane 26 m (85 ft); white, red or green light depending on direction, 1 s on, 1 s off. 26 m (85 ft) round cylindrical tower with lantern, gallery, and a helipad atop the lantern. Lighthouse painted white with one red horizontal band. A closeup photo and a 2006 photo are available, and Trabas has a distant view. Located on a submerged rocky reef (rev) in the Kattegat about 6 km (3.5 mi) northwest of the tip of the Sjællands Odde spit. Accessible only by boat. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS DEN-037; DFL-1920; Admiralty C1478; NGA 2036.
Røsnæs Light
Røsnæs Light, Kalundborg, August 2010
Panoramio Creative Commons photo by ciso66

Information available on lost lighthouses:

Notable faux lighthouses:

Adjoining pages: North: Copenhagen | East: Bornholm | South: Lübeck to Flensburg | West: Fyn

Return to the Lighthouse Directory index | Ratings key

Posted February 1, 2007. Checked and revised December 6, 2013. Lighthouses: 32. Site copyright 2013 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.