- * Gorey
Pier (Directional Light)
- 1966 (station established 1850). Active; focal plane 8 m (27 ft);
red or green light, depending on direction, 4 s on, 1 s off; also a continuous light, white, red or green, seen only on or near the range line. 9 m (30
ft) square skeletal tower with enclosed upper portion and gallery.
Lighthouse painted white. Trabas has a good photo by Heike and Friedrich Klatt, ARLHS has a closeup photo,
Guyomard and Carceller have a good photo,
and Google has an indistinct satellite
view and a distant street view across the harbor. The directional light was added in 2008; previously the light had been the front light of a range and the rear light was mounted on a stone wall of Mont
Orgueil (Gorey Castle). Located at the end of the pier in Gorey,
on the east side of the island. Accessible by walking the pier. Site
open, tower closed. Operator: Jersey
Harbours. ARLHS JER-003; Admiralty A1588; NGA 8152.
- * Mont
Ubé (Range Rear)
- 1896. Active; focal plane 46 m (150 ft); red light occulting every
5 s. 14 m (46 ft) square pyramidal cast iron skeletal tower with lantern
and gallery, mounted on a square concrete base. Entire lighthouse
painted white. Trabas has a closeup postcard
photo, ARLHS has a photo,
Google has a street view, and Bing has a satellite
view. Mont Ubé is well known for its prehistoric monuments.
Located on the Rue de la Houguette, 1.9 km (1.2 mi) east of Grève d'Azette and about 100
m (110 yd) south of the A5 highway. Site open, tower closed. Operator:
Jersey Harbours. ARLHS JER-006;
Admiralty A1594.1; NGA 8148.
- * Grève
d'Azette (Range Front)
- 1896. Active; focal plane 23 m (75 ft); white light occulting every
5 s. 19.5 m (64 ft) square pyramidal cast iron skeletal tower with
lantern and gallery, mounted on a square concrete and stone base.
The lighthouse is painted white and also carries a red vertical stripe
daymark on the range line. A photo is at right, Colin Park has a photo, Trabas
has a closeup postcard
photo, Guyomard and Carceller have a fine photo,
ARLHS also has a photo, and Google has a street view and a satellite view. Located on the coastal road (A4) about 2.5 km (1.5 mi) southeast
of St. Helier. Site open, tower closed. Operator: Jersey
Harbours. ARLHS JER-005; Admiralty A1594; NGA 8144.
- 1904. Active; focal plane 11 m (36 ft); white or red light, depending
on direction, 3 s on, 1 s off, 1 s on, 1 s off, 1 s on, 5 s off (this
flash pattern is the Morse code for "D," representing the name of
the lighthouse). Approx. 13 m (44 ft) round concrete block tower with gallery
and a small lantern. Upper portion of the lighthouse painted yellow-orange,
lower portion painted black. Fog horn (3 blasts every 60 s). Trabas has a closeup photo by Heike and Friedrich Klatt, ARLHS
has a distant view,
and the lighthouse appears on a postage
stamp, but it is not seen in Google's satellite view. The lighthouse was formerly painted white; the color was
apparently changed when the original lantern was removed, sometime
after 1984. Located on a rock off the harbor of St. Helier on the
southeast coast of the island. Accessible only by boat. Site open,
tower closed. Operator: Jersey
Harbours. ARLHS JER-002; Admiralty A1598; NGA 8140.
Grève d'Azette Light, St. Helier, March 2011
Wikimedia Creative Commons photo by Danrok