Burry Port Light, Wales

Thanks to Kelly Anne Loughery for these photos of the Burry Port lighthouse near Llanelli in south Wales. Built in 1842, this lighthouse has an interesting design different from that of any other British lighthouse. The lighthouse was maintained by Trinity House until 1995, when it was turned over to the local authorities. As the plaque records, it was then restored by Llanelli Borough and the Burry Port Yacht Club.

Burry Port
Burry Port Light, May 2007

sign
Plaque on the doorway of the lighthouse

Photos copyright Kelly Anne Loughery; used by permission.

Return to the Wales directory page | Return to the Lighthouse Directory index

Posted May 18, 2007. Checked and revised November 1, 2016. Site copyright 2016 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.