Thanks to André Lafargue for contributing this 1978 photo. Galantry Head (Tête de Galantry) is the oldest light station in the French territory of Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, off the south coast of Newfoundland. This photo, looking southeast from the town of Saint-Pierre, shows the original lighthouse at the top of the bluff and its modern replacement at the left. The old lighthouse, built in 1845, was demolished shortly after this picture was taken.
Image copyright André Lafargue; used by permission
Return to the St.-Pierre and Miquelon directory page | Return to the Lighthouse Directory index
December 19, 2002. Checked and revised July 14, 2017. Site copyright 2017 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.