Thanks to Bill Lane for contributing this photo of the Dunlap Reef lighthouse at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Built in 1881, the lighthouse formerly stood on a crib marking the reef in the bay about half a mile northwest of the town. The lighthouse was deactivated in 1924. The following year the lantern was removed from the roof and the house was moved to 411 South Fourth Avenue, where it has remained ever since as a private residence.
Photo copyright 2002 Bill Lane; used by permission
Return to the Eastern Wisconsin directory page | Return to the Lighthouse Directory index
Posted December 19, 2002. Checked and revised February 14, 2013. Site copyright 2013 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.