Thanks to Randy Randazzo for contributing this historic postcard photo of the Port Pontchartrain Light Station, New Orleans LA. As we see here, the light station was originally constructed over the waters of the lake. It is now on land, because developers have filled in the area around it over the years. Only the tower survives; the other buildings were demolished sometime after the station was deactivated in 1929. The photo was taken sometime between 1880 and 1907.
Return to the Louisiana directory page | Return to the Lighthouse Directory index
Posted December 6, 2001. Checked and revised August 7, 2016. Site copyright 2016 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.