Ponta Caldeira is a promontory overlooking the Mozambique Channel southwest of Angoche in north central Mozambique. This 26 meter (86 ft) octagonal concrete tower was completed in 1927 to light a previously-dark section of coastline between the Mafamede Light at Angoche and the Fogo island lighthouse farther southwest. The lighthouse remains in service today.
photo from Silva Pais pamphlet
Posted June 2005. Images in this section are believed to be in the public domain. The Lighthouse Directory site is copyright 2005 Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Return to Silva Pais pamphlet text | Return to Mozambique directory page | Return to The Lighthouse Directory home page